GoActuary has just launched its first annual ActuaryCon professional development conference for the actuarial community. ActuaryCon (Waterloo) will be on June 2, 2020 at the University of Waterloo (ON) with a second conference planned for New York City in September.
Covid-19 has cancelled our plans to launch ActuaryCon in 2020. Thanks for your support – we’ve fully refunded everyone who had purchased tickets. We hope to be back in 2021.
ActuaryCon is a one-day actuarial professional development conference providing skills on networking, communication, business and career enhancement.
- Professional development for the actuarial community.
- Facilitate networking opportunities in the industry.
- Present training in career related soft skills.
Why you should attend
- Networking Business Skills. Nothing stays still in the actuarial and insurance industry. ActuaryCon offers the opportunity to stay on top of industry trends by interacting with others working on the front lines of the industry.
- Communication Skills. Another soft skill that’s vital in performing your daily tasks. ActuaryCon will enhance your ability to communicate better with your peers, clients, and staff.
- Leadership Skills. Many actuarial careers trend towards management, transitioning from technical skills to management and leadership skills. ActuaryCon equips you with the techniques you need to lead and manage on a higher level.
- On-site Opportunities. Exhibit hall loaded with vendors focusing on actuarial recruitment and career development. Also an on-site job board with searchable opportunities from these companies.
ActuaryCon – Practical application of professional development skills, along with peer networking opportunities.
ActuaryCon Waterloo 2020 will be held at Fed Hall at the University of Waterloo (Ontario). We already have a great lineup of speakers – Mike Lombardi, FSA, FCIA, MAAA, past president of the SOA will be speaking on the past, present and future of the industry and how to prepare your career against the upcoming competition. Hope Manion, FSA, FCA, MAAA, SVP Fidelity Investments will be speaking on leadership skills in the actuarial world. We are also bringing in speakers on the neuroscience of communications as well as networking skills for introverts.
More details online or contact Glenn Cooke, firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.779.1499.